A new route starts in Fareham on Saturday: First W1 will be a Saturday-only shopper service between the town centre and Whiteley Village. In Fareham it will pick up from stop D at the Bus Station and stop Q at the Railway Station. Here's the timetable:
First X4/X5 using a FirstDay Hampshire ticket at £6 for an adult, which is also valid on the W1, or you could take the train to Fareham and buy a Fareham Plusbus ticket with your train tickets for use on the W1. On weekdays, you can get to Whiteley on First 28/28A (timetable), but be careful as the last bus back to Fareham is at 1859, while on Saturdays the last W1 leaves Whiteley at 2310.
Many routes are changing right across the region in the first week of September. We don't have all of the details yet, but here's a summary of what we do know:
- Xelabus: X3 withdrawn. X6 rerouted to serve Asda. Other changes on X4, X7 and X9. Full details here.
- First: Changes to Southampton routes X4, X5, 2, 7, 9, 10, 13 and Portsmouth/Fareham routes X4, X5, 3, 7, 16, 17, 18, F1.
- Bluestar: Changes to routes 6, 8, 9.
- Wheelers: Changes to routes 16, 87/87A, W16
- More: Changes to routes X1, X2.
- Salisbury Reds: Changes to routes R4, X5, X7/X7R, 66
- Stagecoach: 6A, 46 and 63 withdrawn. Changes to 21, 36, 37, 66, 67, 69, 85, 86. New routes 68 and 691.
- Yellow: 41 withdrawn, changes to 26/26A.
We'll have more on those as we get it and in our monthly regional round up.
More 50 between Bournemouth and Swanage. It's so noteworthy that our sister website, Great British Bus Routes, has covered it. But the Telegraph reports that it's been blighted by rude pensioners who think nothing of pushing children out of the way in order to bag the best seats. Maybe More could consider allowing fare payers to board first before those with free passes.