- Adult single fares on the 8 between Hedge End and the City Centre cut from £4 to £3.50
- FirstDay Southampton rises from £4.20 to £4.30 and is no longer valid to/from West End, Hedge End, Netley or Hamble - its boundary is now the city boundary. Those areas' cheapest FirstDay ticket is now FirstDay Hampshire, going up from £5.90 to £6
- SouthamptonPlus weekly and monthly tickets will be introduced, covering the city plus West End, Hedge End, Netley and Hamble, costing more than the Southampton zone tickets that used to be valid, but less than the Hampshire zone tickets
Several First routes get a new timetable from Sunday. Timetables are in First's new timetable booklet and Traveline. Here are the main points:
- 1: Mon-Sat daytime frequency cut from every 10 mins to every 15 mins, but all buses will run beyond Lordshill to Adanac Park
- 2: Minor timetable changes
- 3: Some poorly-used journeys will be cut. The last bus of the night will run earlier
- 6: Sunday daytime frequency cut to hourly due to Hampshire County Council subsidy cuts
- 7: Minor timetable changes, plus and extra late evening journey
- 8: Evening route changes in Hedge End and some off-peak journeys are cut
- 9: Minor timetable changes
- 11: Revised Sunday timetable. Extra late evening weeknight journey
- 13: Minor timetable changes
The timetable booklet has some excellent route maps. Here's the one for the 8 to show the new route in Hedge End:
Daytime journeys terminate on the Hedge End loop. Evening journeys don't serve Charles Watts Way (marked A334 above) but run two ways from the superstores, via the railway station to Barleycorn and then Botley.
They're also holding an online 'Meet the Manager' session this Thursday in which you can put your questions directly to them.
In other news, Bluestar have some changes to routes 1, 2, 16 and 18 from 22nd February. We'll have more on those nearer the time.